Established 30 years ago, WestVet has been providing the highest quality emergency and specialty care to animals in the Treasure Valley. WestVet is the only facility to offer the specialty animal care services in the state of Idaho and surrounding region.
WestVet information at a glance:
• The first and only integrated emergency and veterinary specialty hospital in Idaho
• Nationally recognized as one of the most progressive veterinary hospitals in the Northwest
• The only specialty animal care services in Idaho and the surrounding region
• 13 experienced board certified specialists
• Offering state-of-the-art imaging, surgery, and anesthesia equipment
We offer our patients and their owners the expertise and services of numerous veterinary specialists, including:
- Board Certified Small Animal Surgeons
- Board Certified Small Animal Internist
- Veterinary Oncologist
- Board Certified Veterinary Radiologist
- Board Certified Small Animal Criticalist
- Board Certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist
- Feline Medicine and Behavior Specialist
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist
- Board Certified Animal Dermatologist
- Board Certified Veterinary Pathologists
Veterinary medical specialists are a valuable resource in treating your pet. Your general practice veterinarian has excellent training in veterinary medicine and acts as a family practice physician to your pet. Occasionally—just as with human medicine—there are times your veterinarian may suggest a referral to a specialist to better meet your pet's needs and as an extension of their practice.
Your family veterinarian and WestVet specialists will work together as a team to treat your beloved pet and provide you the essential information on diagnosis and treatment options.
WestVet is committed to providing the highest level of veterinary care available in the industry. Our hosptial houses state-of-the-art technology such as digital x-ray; spiral CT; MRI; high-speed fluoroscopy; endoscopy; laparoscopic, thoracoscopic, and arthroscopic surgery equipment; standard ultrasound; cardiac ultrasound; telemetry and continuous ECG.
This cutting edge animal hospital, located just north of 50th and Chinden in Garden City, Idaho, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. In addition, our veterinary surgeons are on call 24 hours a day to assist you during an emergency with your pet.
During regular business hours, please contact your primary family veterinarian with questions or concerns regarding your pet, specialty appointments are by referral only.
For after hours, weekend, or holiday emergencies, no appointment is required. Please come directly to the hospital.
Click HERE for directions.