Animal Hospital in Idaho
WestVet is Idaho's only 24 hour Animal Emergency Hospital and Specialty Center.
Established 30 years ago, WestVet provides the highest quality veterinary emergency and specialty care to pets and their families in the Treasure Valley. WestVet is the only facility to offer specialty animal care services in the state of Idaho and surrounding region.
WestVet at a glance:
• The first and only integrated emergency and veterinary specialty hospital in Idaho and surrounding region
• Nationally recognized as one of the most progressive veterinary hospitals in the Northwest
• 13 experienced board certified specialists
• Offering state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, surgery, and anesthesia care
We offer our patients the expertise and services of numerous veterinary specialists:
- Board Certified Small Animal Surgeons
- Board Certified Small Animal Internist
- Board Certified Veterinary Oncologist
- Board Certified Veterinary Radiologist
- Board Certified Small Animal Criticalist
- Board Certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist
- Feline Medicine and Behavior Specialist
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist
- Board Certified Animal Dermatologist
- Board Certified Veterinary Pathologists
Veterinary specialists are a valuable resource in treating your pet. Your family veterinarian has excellent training in veterinary medicine and he/she acts as a family practice physician to your pet. Occasionally—just as with human medicine—there are times your veterinarian may suggest a referral to a veterinary specialist to better meet your pet's needs. We serve as an extension of your family veterinarian's practice, enabling them to provide the best veterinary care possible.
Your family veterinarian and WestVet specialists will work together as a team to treat your beloved pet and provide you the essential information on diagnosis and treatment options.
WestVet is committed to providing the highest level of veterinary care available in the industry. Our hospital houses state-of-the-art technology such as digital x-ray; spiral CT; MRI; high-speed fluoroscopy; endoscopy; laparoscopic, thoracoscopic, and arthroscopic surgery equipment; standard ultrasound; cardiac ultrasound; telemetry and continuous ECG.
WestVet is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year with board certified veterinary surgeons on call 24 hours a day.
During regular business hours, please contact your family veterinarian with questions or concerns regarding your pet. Specialty appointments are by referral only.
Our hour Animal Emergency Hospital is always open; no appointment is necessary for emergency veterinary care. If you are experiencing an emergency, please come directly to our hospital.
We are located at 5019 N. Sawyer Ave. Garden City, ID 83714; you'll find us one block north of the Chinden/50th intersection in Garden City. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require additional directions or assistance: 208.375.1600.
Click HERE for a general map to our Veterinary Hospital.