Referrals & Forms
WestVet is able to provide emergency and specialty services because of the support from our many local referring veterinarians and clinics.
Thank you for your continued case referrals — it would not be possible without you!
We value our referring veterinarian relationships and strive to provide custom referral solutions to fit the individual needs of your clinic. We realize that just as each case differs, your needs as a referring veterinarian will differ and we know case return and timely communication are important issues for you and promise to set the standard for quality and reliable referral care.
Our emergency doctors and board certified specialists will strive to accommodate your case at the level that is most appropriate for you and your clients. Whether it is simply after hours supportive care or minute-by-minute monitoring of a critical patient, we are here to represent the best in technology and experience the field of veterinary medicine has to offer.
The WestVet promise to the referring veterinary community:
- Specialist appointments are by referral only
- Every effort will be made to send weekday emergencies to the primary care veterinarian before specialist care (if the patient’s condition is stable)
- According to each individual clinic’s preference, the primary care veterinarian will be contacted before possible emergency department transfers to specialists
- 100% case return
- Timely, quality, communication with updates given daily
- Respect, compassion, and support for all of your doctors’ referral needs
- Semi-annual continuing education opportunities
- The most modern technology and advanced care options for your patients.
The WestVet doctors and staff believe in supporting your clinic and services in any way that we can.
Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvements or requests for additional services. We value your feedback and encourage you to use us as your resource for emergency and specialty referral services and for fulfilling your continuing education requirements. You may call the hospital at (208) 375-1600 or e-mail us HERE.